Please access the document below to set up Libkey Nomad and the Outside Tool on your PC.
Lib nomad extensions in Edge, Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
Libkey nomad gives you access to any material in Google Scholar, Pubmed, Trip Pro, UpToDate, ResearchGate, Wikipedia (and more) to which Croydon Health Services Library and Knowledge Service has full text. In the following instructions you will learn how to set up libkey nomad in the browser you are in, so that you are able to get full text access.
Libkey nomad will not work on mobile phones.
1. Get the lib nomad extension. Agree to it.
2. Select ‘Get’, then click, ‘add extension’
You will also find extensions for Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Also click ‘Get’ and follow the instructions below.
If the option to get the extension is faded out, it may mean you do not have the most up to date version of the browser you are using. However you should be able to default to Google Chrome.
3. Select ‘Croydon Health Services NHS Trust’ as your organisation
4. You can then search Google Scholar. Full text access will show up in Google Scholar as ‘full text @my library’
5. When you click on the Full text @ My library, you will be taken to the full text article.
6. When in Pubmed you will see a provided by ‘Croydon Health Services NHS Trust’ symbol.
7. When you click on the ‘download pdf’ you will be taken to the full article.
8. It will also work on ResearchGate, UpToDate and Wikepedia.
Pubmed outside tool.
The Pubmed outside tool gives you full-text access to any Pubmed articles that the library owns, regardless of Libkey Nomad.
You use the following address: https://libkey.io/libraries/1407/pmid/
And then add the PMID of the article you require to the end of the address.
You search Pubmed normally, making note of the PMID number of the article you would like.
You then enter the Croydon library outside tool web link into a browser
You add the PMID number to the end of the http address.
If it is one of the library’s resources, On clicking enter you should then get full text access.